Following TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS in 2012, we were unable to get stage time for 2013, so we decided to come up with something a little different. There is a tournament in Japan held in January referred to as the All Capcom Historical Vs Game Olympics where players compete in an event spanning several different games and the winner is the one who scroes the most points overall.
I wanted to take that idea and apply it to four different Super Street FIghter II Turbo tournaments: A team 3vs3 tournament, a character lock tournament where you must use one character all the way through, a ratio tournament where you build your team based on a points and how each character ranks and a grand finale tournament, which has the usual, standard tournament rules. The player who accumlates the most points overall would be decaled the champion.
ST Games Qualifier events across the US took place prior to the event at Evolution, where players could accumlate points beforehand.
Among the tasks I did for the event:
- Coordinating with other tournament organizers across the US to organize qualifier events.
- Creating ST Games logo. The logo and overall design was kept simple to mimic Olympic designs.
- Creating a design used for prizes (gold/silver/bronze medals).
- Creating promotional artwork.
- Promoting the event through the website and social media.
- Creating a promotional video trailer.
- Running the event at Evolution.
- PREMIERE PRO,
- SOCIAL MEDIA,
ST Games promotional video