The 20th anniversary event I planned for Evo consisted of two tournaments: X-MANIA USA and TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II. For this event, we wanted to bring as many Japanese grandmaster players to the event as possible so I started a community fundraiser, that raised over four thousand dollars. This enabled us to pay for tournament expenses, prizes and to bring seven players from Japan to the event.
X-MANIA is a annual Japanese tournament for Super Street Fighter II Turbo. It is considered the premiere Super Turbo tournament in the world and has been running since 2000. For the 20th anniversay of Super Turbo, Super Turbo Revival parterned with Evolution and X-MANIA to bring X-MANIA to the USA for the first time in history.
TOURNAMENT OF LEGENDS II is the sequel to the first tournaemnt that took place in 2012. It consists of a series of qualifiers across the US and also tournaments in Canada and France. The qualifiers all compete in the finals at Evolution in Las Vegas.
Among the other tasks I did for the event:
- Coordinating with tournament organizers in the US, Japan, and Europe.
- Creating logos for X-MANIA USA and ToL II.
- Creating a design for the prizes (championship belt, custom MADCATZ fightsticks)
- Creating promotional artwork.
- Creating a t-shirt design for the fundraiser.
- Creating poster design for the fundraiser and for awards to all the qualifiers.
- Promoting the event through the website and social media.
- Running the events at Evolution.
- SOCIAL MEDIA,